Saturday, 10 October 2009

My birth Plan

 Birth Plan
General Information :

Name: Eva A Verissimo
Husbands Name: Nyron A Gordon
Baby’s name : Tulá Leonora Gordon

Due Date: 30/10/2009

Allergies: N/A
Blood Type: B+
Rh Factor: N/A


Hospital/Birthing Center where you plan to deliver:  
St Thomas Home from home unit.


Labor induction/augmentation :

If I go past my due date if baby and I's health is not at risk, I would prefer not to be induced.

I would prefer trying the following methods to induce labor:
  • * Breast Stimulation
    * Castor oil
    * Herbs
    * Walking
    * Sexual Intercourse
* Hot bath

Environment :
I would like the following to be present during labor: Nyron Gordon

I would like the following to be present during actual birth: Nyron Gordon

I would like to bring music.
I would prefer dim lighting/candles.
I would like to wear my own clothes.
I would prefer to stay in one room during labor, birth, and post delivery if available.
I would like to be able to walk around, mobility is important to me.
I do not want any students present during labour or birth.

Equipment :

I would like the following equipment available to me. If unavailable,
 I would like to bring them with me, if possible.
* Birthing bed
* Birthing ball
* Birthing stool
* Beanbag
* Birthing pool or tub
* Shower

Preparation :

I would prefer not to be given an enema
I would prefer to be able to eat and drink during labor.
I would prefer no IV unless absolutely necessary.

Monitoring :

I would prefer no monitoring to be done if there are no signs of distress.
I would prefer external monitoring if monitoring is necessary.

Anesthesia - Pain medication/Pain relief :

I would prefer to try laboring without pain medication.
 I will ask if I would like something for pain. 
Please do not ask me.
I intend on using a Tens machine.
Gas and Air.
Massage.


First Stage of Labor :

I do not want to be separated from my partner during labor or birth.
I would like no time limits on laboring and prefer labor not to be augmented unless 

medically necessary.
I would prefer my water not be broken during labor.
I would prefer vaginal exams kept to a minimum.
I would like encouragement throughout labor.
I would like to be kept informed and involved in all decision making.


Episiotomy :

I'd prefer not to have an episiotomy unless absolutely necessary.

Second Stage of Labor :

I would like to be able to try any position comfortable during pushing.
I would like no time limits on pushing.
I do not want to be rushed to push.
I would like counting to help me push.

Third stage of Labour:

I would prefer a natural third stage of labour

After Birth :

I would like photos taken as soon as baby is born.
I would like my partner to catch the baby if baby is delivered in water.
I would like to have baby placed on my chest immediately after birth.
I would like to have my partner ASKED if he would like to cut the cord.
I would like to wait on cutting the umbilical cord until it stops pulsating.
I would like to have baby's first bath/wash and assessment to be done in my presence.
I do not wish to see my placenta after birth. Please do not show it to me.
I would like baby handed to Nyron Gordon while I am being looked after after birth.
I would like baby to room in with me.
I would like baby in her own clothes/towel/blanket.
I would like Nyron Gordon to change baby’s first nappy.
I would like to be discharged as soon as possible.

Cesarian Section :

I would like to avoid a c-section if possible.
If c-section is necessary, I would like my partner present
I would like to touch baby after birth.
I would like partner to hold baby after birth.
I would like screen lowered so I can view birth.
I would like to breastfeed baby as soon as possible.

Breastfeeding :

I would like baby straight onto breast, but I have milk available in case unable to breastfeed.



Additional Comments :


No comments:

Post a Comment